I’m getting a little sick of people cashing in on David Bowie. There have been a few inventive and credible theatrical events but the most irritating thing has been the over-saturation of the market with products demanding to be purchased. Much of it is complete toot and most of it is not how Bowie himself would wish to be remembered. I don’t want a colour changing mug or a badly-printed, poor-quality canvas. Am I the only one who thinks that cashing in on the life, career and legacy of Bowie is immoral and perhaps verging on illegal? I was stupid enough to be drawn in to make a purchase which has, after many months, failed to arrive and begin to wonder if this is how my card details were obtained and a fraud was committed on my account. But that’s besides the point. Don’t profit from the death of a man who gave us so much whilst alive…Oh, and don’t even get me started on Kanye West.
Who Can I Fleece Now? Leave David Bowie alone.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
NEVER BLEND IN
A PRO-EQUALITY BLOG, written by Diversity Specialist, writer and motivational speaker David E Watters (NBI ASSOCIATES).
Articles on Equality & Diversity, Personal & Professional Development, Education & Management; his book, NEVER BLEND IN (http://www.nbiassociates.co.uk/Never-Blend-In.html), and the Give 'em Hope Campaign http://www.nbiassociates.co.uk/Give--em-Hope-Campaign.html)
- Remembering Itaberli Lozano – Be #outraged. Be vocal. Be a voice for the #voiceless. DAVID E WATTERS January 17, 2018
- Illegitimate Ignoramus… #Trump Spent #MLKDay GOLFING 🏌️♀️ January 17, 2018
- #PERRIS PARENTS: PROFILE PROVIDES INTERESTING INSIGHT -DAVID E WATTERS January 16, 2018
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION AT WORK January 15, 2018
- TEAM LEADERSHIP – MAINTAINING AN EFFECTIVE TEAM: DAVID E WATTERS January 15, 2018
SEARCH THIS BLOG